Sunday, November 1, 2015

Cascadia Megaquake - Our reference materials

For the next few weeks I will continue posting about earthquakes, but I will be primarily referring to two sources, both of which are available on the internet.

One is the Oregon Resilience Plan. This was referred to in the Unprepared special, and is a comprehensive study of what the state needs to be prepared for a megaquake, so has been used for making suggestions to the legislature. This is a very valuable resource for collective action:

http://www.oregon.gov/OMD/OEM/osspac/docs/Oregon_Resilience_Plan_Final.pdf

The other is the Unprepared page:

http://www.opb.org/news/series/unprepared/

This focuses more on individual preparedness.

I am a little disappointed that I am not finding a link to watch the special online. I still have it on my DVR, but for anyone who missed it they should have a chance to go back.

Anyway, I will be going back and forth between the two. Both personal and collective preparedness are necessary. Either one alone would be insufficient.

Feel free to follow along, and I wouldn't mind hearing about your own efforts. We will all need to work together.


No comments: