Sunday, June 24, 2018

Next phase - Prepare! A Resouce Guide

About three months ago I wrote about the Red Cross Prepare Out Loud event and how excellent I thought it was:

http://preparedspork.blogspot.com/2018/03/prepare-out-loud.html

I am still looking forward to the next round of events in the fall, and choosing one nearby and inviting people from every house on my block. I think it is that important. It's not just that preparedness is important, but that being in touch with our neighbors is important.

Between now and then I want to focus on some traditional emergency preparedness using Red Cross materials. Yes, this blog has many old posts on emergency preparedness, but lately it has been more spiritual and intellectual. There are many important aspects to provident, and if you can't do everything at once, then you need to cycle through.

I will be using Prepare! A Resource Guide. It is something they gladly hand out, but also something that you can find online:

https://p.widencdn.net/5rdg1y/redcrossprepareguide

It is divided into fourteen sections. I can't guarantee that I will not break some sections down into smaller parts, or that I will not have some week where I need to go off an on urgent tangent, but for right now I am assuming it will takes us through September, and that if I do this right, our family preparedness will be in better shape.

So feel free to follow along, not just in terms of looking ahead to see what I will write about each week, but also in terms of making your own plans and laying in your own supplies.

It is possible.

No comments: