Sunday, October 7, 2018

A little bit of conference

This is not going to be a lengthy post, because many of my regular readers my be watching 8-10 hours of church broadcasting, and you don't really need any more.

If you are wondering if I could blogging as social media, yes. I haven't actually watched that session yet. I am sure I will have some thoughts on it, and also pretty sure I won't do it, but we'll see.

My thoughts for this post are mainly inspired from early yesterday, from both the announcement on the changes to the meeting structure for next year, and also the references to the change from home and visiting teaching to ministering.

I have had this same thought in relation to other changes, like with homemaking to enrichment to relief society meetings during the week, and curriculum changes, and so on. Everything they change seems to be at attempt to get us to live more by the Spirit.

The new thought is that a big part of that is to get us to love and serve each other better. That makes sense, with charity being above all, and loving God and your neighbor being the greatest commandments (and inextricably linked).

And usually my thoughts along with that are "Good luck!", because those are attempts that face a lot of resistance. They should keep trying, and we should keep trying, because this is so vital.

Finally, I can concede that it is possible to have a lot of love for others and carry that out well without being greatly terribly sensitive to promptings. Inspiration could make you more efficient, but love produces positive energy and can get things done.

However, something is terribly wrong if you are listening to the Spirit more and not feeling an increase of love. So it stays important. We need to do this.

No comments: